Welcome

At the onset of this final undergrad semester, and the forbodious weeks ahead full of assignments and deadlines, I want to communicate my hopes and goals for this blog. I want to write a “why behind.”

I have a few hopes for this blog:
First, my words would point readers to the person of Christ and salvation that can only come through knowing Jesus. 
Second, my story of taking risks would connect with readers as they are inspired to take risks in their own life.
Third, keeping this blog would fulfill my college practicum journal assignment. 
Fourth, keeping this blog would develop deeper and more consistent writing skills. 

In order to do this, I hope to release a blog post every week of this spring semester until I graduate in May. I don’t expect every post to be extensive, nor every post to be a mere paragraph or two for a passing grade. For me, this blog post is a sincere attempt at a routine discipline of writing. 

What’s in a name?

I’ve chosen to call this little blog, Seasoned With Salt, based on Colossians 4:5-6. 
“Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.” 

While at school, time is quite the limited resource! I feel the weight of trying to use my time wisely, especially at school. To do this, I want to utilize this blog as a way to reach readers who are people I might not normally interact with on a regular basis and meet my practicum journaling requirements. 

Since a blog is usually and mainly composed of words, I thought it fitting to place a priority on writing gracious words filled with the Gospel. I believe that as humans, we have a need that we can’t satisfy or fix on our own. We are so desperately in the position of losing our lives if we do not know Jesus as our savior. But God is good and he loves humankind so much that Father God sent Jesus to earth to be the One who could bear the full wrath of God. It is by God’s love that we don’t have to do anything to earn salvation because salvation belongs to God and he gives it to those who ask. “if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” - Romans 10:9

Those are the hopes for this blog. 
  1. My words point to Christ
  2. My risks would encourage others to risk
  3. Graduate
  4. Engage writing as a discipline 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Takeaways